Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Shopaholic Star Search Contest

I won. Hee :)

When the contest details first came out, i couldn't sleep that night. Was too caught up thinking about what to do, how to do it, how to give what they're asking for, and how to be different - that was my strategy. I kept telling myself that "your imagination is your limit".

When it came to shooting the pictures, it wasn't so smooth sailing either. One thing i had to consider was the natural lighting. I only had about 2 weeks to snap the pictures, but i had to work on weekdays (which means I can't get the afternoon lighting then), which left me with the weekends. I figured that I had to get all 15 shots (that I was planning to edit into a single picture) done in one sitting to avoid getting different lighting. Besides that, I had to plan what outfit-hair-accessory combination to wear in accordance with the characteristic each photo was going to portray. Then I thought it wise to determine the order of the 'photoshoot' to be able to get it done in optimum time (eg: do same hair-styled photos in a row). I even typed out a table/checklist of sorts to organize my thoughts! And for the other picture, I took about an hour and a half to create the 'set'. Tiring, I tell you, more so since I was having a bad case of the flu and a slight fever.

Then when the results were com-ing out, I couldn't sleep again. Anxiety got the best of me. When the screen was in front of me, I kept clicking the refresh button to see if there were any latest updates.

Finally, when the results came out...

:)
It was all worth it.

Just wanna say a big thanks to:

- Sha-Lene for organising this contest and having to go through the troublesome process of getting the sponsors, blogging about the contest details, accepting the entries, posting them up, counting the votes and announcing the winners. It must have been a handful for you! But thanks so so so very much for this =)
- The Sponsors: The Kooky Thing, Agape Boutique, Arabian Nites, Kawaii Store, Mia and Mika, Itsy Beadsy, PattyBelle, Pebbles, Chaz Boutique and I Love Wonderland for voting for my pictures and sponsoring the wonderful prizes! (hee... free publicity for you guys here :P)
- The Readers/Voters (the bf, the bf's sister, the sister and the mom, amongst others-whom-I-don't-know-but-really-appreciate) for seeing something in my pictures and casting your votes for it :)
- The Photographers, Daniel and Esther, for taking the time off to help me with this contest :)

Thanks so much, you guys, for everything!

2 comments: