Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'M ON BLOGSPOT!!!!

Check this out. I've FINALLY got a blog. Yea. Pigs are flying.

And what prompted the pigs to fly? This -> The Big Bang contest: http://yourshoppingkaki.blogspot.com/search/label/Big%20Bang

Instructions:
1. Blog about your 3 Wishes [for products from How2Shop: http://how2shop.blogspot.com]
2. Facebook it!
3. Tweet!
4. Tell us [yourshoppingkaki and how2shop]!

Blogspot and Twitter all in one day. Yea. The pigs are really flying.


Call me a cheapskate or an opportunist if you like, but times are hard and my parents have worked hard enough to give me more than just a comfortable life. I've grabbed (or at least attempted to grab) any and every contest opportunity that has come my way, ever since i realized that they're not impossible to win. I want not only to be able to do something for myself and, in a sense, support myself (or rather my shopping needs :P), but I also love to see the look on my parent's faces when i tell them that I've won something, or better still, if i've won something for them. It saves them their hard-earned money (think 'sikit-sikit lama-lama menjadi bukit').

I'm not a very smart or capable person you see, so to be able to win something makes me feel a *lil* bit more able to give something back to my parents, in return for all they've done for me. So Ma and Pa (particularly Ma, since the products are all for females :P), this goes out to you :)

Presenting...

- Anna's Wishlist -
I don't believe in Santa, so...

Dear yourshoppingkaki/how2shop,

Wish #1 - A Coach Signature Denim Tote (Style # 12877)

- Picture courtesy of how2shop -

Mummy's such a thrifty person that she avoids buying new bags so long as hers is still usable. It's so old, torn and tattered, but yet she refuses to spend on a new one, though i think she should. Even when the zipper could no longer work, she rationalized that it could still hold necessities inside. When the straps broke, she argued that she could still clip them under her armpits. When there's a hole, she'd merely patch up and sew up the hole.

She even took in my old bag which i no longer use. The outer layer of the material is already tearing off, and the inner material has a big hole at the base (things get lost in there!). She says that it's still
perfectly functional and plans to use it once her current 4-year-old bag spoils.

Please grant her this beautiful bag, because i not only want her to have a new, in-good-condition bag, but a
nice one at that. Mummy deserves something nice every once in a while :)

Wish #2 - Christmas Special Sale - Coach Ali Leather Small Wallet (Style # 2644)

- Picture courtesy of how2shop -

My AUD$9 wallet is becoming like my old bag. It's starting to have holes on the outer layer material and it's also looking torn. It's turning dirty too.

I guess because it's a rather cheap wallet, it might not have been designed properly. Some of the card-holding compartments are so tight that it's extremely difficult to take out the cards. Whereas some of the other card compartments can't even hold any card at all because it's just sewn a tad bit too small!

I've never gotten anything branded before, because i always thought they were too expensive
(I am my mother's daughter after all! :). No Coach, no Liz Claiborne, no Gucci... not even MNG and Topshop! It'd be nice to have my very first branded item. It'd be like a little treasure that i'd take extremely good care of :)


Wish #3 - Victoria's Secret (Ultimate Make-up Kit)

- Picture courtesy of how2shop -

This is something that mummy and I will be able to share, together with che che 1 and che che 2. It'd be a product that would be put to good use :D

Mummy sometimes has low self-esteem because she doesn't think she's pretty. When she was younger, she hung out with a (then-not-yet) Miss Malaysia, and thus always lived under her shadows
(thank God for Papa who saw more than just skin deep and into her beautiful soul :). Also, before she began working, she always only got hand-me down clothes which didn't even fit properly, and she never knew how to put on make-up, always sticking only with the basic eyeliner and lipstick (even for special functions).

I, too, walk my mother's path. I've been called
ugly and was told before that I look like a witch! It crashed my self-esteem, which took a good few years to heal (though still not completely). Like every other girl, I do want to look beautiful, if not decent.

This gift would thus be very valuable to the both of us, in terms of helping us to enhance our self-image, and we would also be able to practice putting on make-up together with che che 1 and 2. So all of us can look and feel beautiful. Yes, this would be a very nice gift.

---------------------------------------

*holds the wishlist close to chest and closes eyes extremely tightly*... please, Please, PLEEEEAAASE...

No comments:

Post a Comment